Chloe Charles Counselling
31 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5TB
Beginning counselling and psychotherapy involves certain arrangements, which it may be helpful for you to know.
1. Counselling sessions are 50 minutes per session.
2. Counselling sessions cost £50. This is paid at the end of each session, or within 24 hours if paying via bank transfer.
3. I charge for all cancellations unless 48 hours notice is given.
4. I am a registered, accredited member of the BACP and I therefore practice under the BACP code of ethics.
5. Appointments will be at the same time on the same day each week (with the exceptions of holidays). Times may change due to availability.
6. Contact outside of sessions including emails, calls and text messages are to be for cancelling/ rescheduling sessions only.
7. You can end counselling whenever you like. However, I would encourage you to discuss this with me so that we can explore the ending together. At times I may end the counselling. This would be for example, if I felt that your needs would be better met elsewhere, or if I could no longer provide the service that you require.
8. Therapy is generally confidential, but in some circumstances I may need to disclose information about you or what we have discussed to an appropriate third party, such as your doctor. This would include for example, if I felt that you or someone else, was at risk of harm. I would encourage you to inform your GP that you are having counselling. Furthermore, all professional counsellors are required by the BACP to have regular supervision to support professional practice. For this reason, I may discuss our work together in supervision. I will make brief case notes at the end of all counselling sessions in order to monitor my work. To adhere to GDPR regulations, all client information will be held on the BACPAC. This is a secure hosting platform that has been vetted by both the NHS and Ministry of Defence for hosting confidential medical information, so you have complete peace of mind that your notes are stored safely and securely.
The BACPAC platform is ISO 27001:2013 accredited. This internationally recognised information security management standard ensures that a business has stringent processes in place to ensure data confidentiality and to identify, manage and reduce risks to information security.